What to Expect
- Upon discharge from the hospital, you receive a ConnectER Telemedicine Consultation Card from the provider who treated you.
- Contact the ConnectER Program staff via the phone number or email address on your consultation card to schedule your appointment.
- Once your appointment is made, you will receive an email containing a web link to your secure video meeting. We encourage you to join the meeting at your convenience before your appointment to make sure you are comfortable with the process. If you are having trouble connecting to the video meeting, our WECC Operators are trained telemedicine professionals and are there to help you solve any problems.
- Approximately 15 minutes prior to your appointment, using the same email that was sent to you when you originally scheduled your appointment, enter the secure video meeting again the same way you practiced. One of our WECC Operators will enter the meeting and get you “checked-in” to your appointment. If you are having trouble starting the video connection, they are available by telephone to walk you through the set-up process. Once it is time for your appointment, and the online video conference has been started, one of our Emergency Medicine providers will enter the online video conference to perform your appointment.
ConnectER fees and payments
About your appointment
- Appointments are available Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., subject to provider scheduling. Other appointment times may be available depending on provider availability.
- Appointments must be made at least 24 hours prior to the requested appointment time.
- Each appointment is 15 minutes long. However, appointments can go longer than 15 minutes based on patient and provider need at no additional charge.
- Your appointment will be made with one of The George Washington University Hospital's Emergency Department providers.
- If you miss your appointment, you may have to be rescheduled for another day and time depending on appointment availability.
ConnectER appointment preparation
Please make sure to follow the instructions for preparing for your appointment at least 15 minutes prior to your appointment starting.
Learn how to prepare for your appointment
If you are having trouble joining the online appointment, please contact one of our WECC Operators at 202-677-6421 for assistance.