The GW Liver and Pancreas Institute for Quality (LPIQ)
Virtual Visits Available
Virtual Health enables you to speak with providers using your phone, tablet or computer. Call 202-715-5168 to schedule a virtual appointment.
Did You Know? October is Liver Awareness Month
Your liver is an important part of your digestive system, and GW Hospital is more than ready to help you make sure your liver is functioning properly.
GW Hospital offers innovative and advanced treatments for patients with pancreas, liver, bile duct, duodenum and gallbladder diseases at the Liver and Pancreas Institute for Quality (LPIQ). The executive director and colleagues have more than 40 years experience in the field of hepatobiliary surgery and treatments.
Schedule an Appointment
Please fill out our general appointment form below or call our referral service at 888-4GW-DOCS.
Treatments and Services
With these diseases, experience matters to patient outcomes. With well over 1,000 combined pancreas resections and 700 liver resections, the institute offers nationally superior outcomes in a specialized environment.
Our team uses many advanced techniques for treating the most complex conditions, including:
- Innovative and complex surgery for pancreas cancer, including the Whipple procedure
- Minimally invasive pancreas resection/Whipple procedure for benign and malignant conditions
- Minimally invasive liver resection for benign and malignant conditions
- Combined pancreas resection with vascular reconstruction
- Microwave ablation techniques
- Targeted precision drug therapies
- Advanced stereotactic body radiation treatment
- Multidisciplinary oncologic pre-treatment planning and clinical trials
- Advanced nurse practitioners and program manager for personalized care
- Specialized perioperative care
- Pancreatic cancer genetic testing in high-risk individuals (Ruth Paul Cancer Genetics and Prevention Service)
Primary and second opinion for advanced pancreatic cancer
Diseases and Conditions Treated
We diagnose and treat a wide range of complex diseases and conditions including:
- Pancreas cancer
- Liver cancer
- Diseases of the gallbladder and bile ducts
- Benign and malignant tumors of the pancreas, liver, bile ducts, duodenum and gallbladder
- Liver masses and lesions
- Pancreas cystic lesions
- Bile duct and pancreas injuries
Podcast: Pancreatic Cancer
Lynt Johnson, MD, discusses the prevalence of pancreatic cancer in the U.S. While no known risk factor has been identified, unsubstantiated reports suggest an association to poor dietary choices. Dr. Johnson also reviews early- and late-stage symptoms, survival rates, traditional treatment options and a new, innovative surgical procedure.
LPIQ Annual Report
Learn more about our medical team, treatments and patient volumes.
Liver and Pancreas Institute for Quality
2131 K Street, NW, Suite 800
Washington, DC 20037