Requirements to Run ConnectER Software
The ConnectER Program uses a software called Microsoft Lync to establish a secure video connection between you and the Emergency Medicine provider. We do not conduct appointments via phone or email.
In order to successfully connect to your video appointment on a desktop or laptop computer, you must have the following four items:
- Internal or external video camera connected to your computer
- Internal or external microphone/headset connected to your computer
- Internal or external speakers/headphones/earbuds/headset connected to your computer
- Your desktop or laptop computer must be connected to a wireless or hardwired internet connection for the duration of your video call
In order to successfully connect to your video appointment on a mobile device or tablet, you must have the following items:
- Built-in video camera. Almost all smartphones have a built-in camera
- External earbuds/headphones connected to your mobile device
- Your mobile device must be connected to a wireless internet connection for the duration of your video call
Using a Laptop or Desktop (PC or Mac)?
If you are using a PC or Mac computer (laptop or desktop) for your video appointment, you do not have to install Microsoft Lync in order to connect to your video appointment. Instead, the video will securely connect through your internet browser. In order to connect to the video through your internet browser, a “Web App” needs to be downloaded.
- You can download the Microsoft Lync Web App for your PC computer here >
- Currently, there is no webpage where you can download the Microsoft Lync Web App for a Mac computer.
Please follow these instructions to join a Lync meeting on a Mac computer (PDF) >
This Web App is free and will not cost you anything to download, install, or use.
- Please use this chart to make sure that your internet browser and computer operating system is compatible with Microsoft Lync.
View chart >
Using a Mobile Device?
If you are using your iPhone, iPad, or Android mobile device to connect to your appointment, you will have to install the Microsoft Lync software on your mobile device before you will be able to connect to your video appointment. Microsoft Lync is a free program and you will not be charged a fee for download, installation, or use. You also do not have to have a Microsoft Lync account in order to connect to your video appointment; you can connect to your video appointment as a “guest” user. You must be connected to a wireless internet connection for the duration of your video appointment or Lync will not allow video on a mobile device.