The George Washington University Hospital honors employees who provide compassionate, high quality care to patients. The Sunshine Award recognizes extraordinary non-nursing caregivers at the hospital, including patient care technicians and other vital team members. While the DAISY Award recognizes nurses, the Sunshine Award recognizes the care team that supports our nursing staff and works closely with them to provide patients with the compassion and care they need.
Sunshine Award Criteria
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism in the work environment
- Job performance exemplifies the mission, vision and values of GW Hospital
- Is a colleague in good standing
- Honors and supports all members of the GW Hospital family in delivering the best experience for our patients, families and visitors
- Establishes a special connection with patients, families and visitors through trust and emotional support
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork with peers and co-workers
Nominate Someone Today
We invite you to nominate a caregiver (other than a nurse) for the Sunshine Award by filling out this form.