The George Washington University Hospital is committed to promoting your comfort and well-being. There are many diseases and surgical procedures that can cause pain. If you are experiencing pain:
- Ask your doctor or nurse what to expect regarding pain and pain management.
- Discuss pain relief options with your doctor or nurse.
- Work with your doctor and nurse to develop a plan for managing your pain.
- Don’t wait—ask for pain relief when the pain begins! Most medications take a while to work.
- Tell your doctor or nurse if your pain is not relieved.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for medication to relieve your pain—taking medication will not make you an “addict”. Effective pain management is essential to the healing process.
This Draft Has Sidebar Blocks
Sidebar Block 1
Sidebar Block 2
Sidebar Block 3
Sidebar Block 4