Running Rehabilitation Program
Running injuries are common among all runners both novice and experienced alike. In such individuals, pain is a major factor affecting performance and the ability to reach one’s running goals.
Physical therapists at our rehabilitation center can help restore strength, flexibility and good biomechanics in such individuals and help them return to sport pain free by performing an individualized evaluation and providing a customized treatment plan.
Commonly Treated Running Injuries
- Achilles Tendonitis/Tendonosis
- Plantar Heel Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis/Foot Pain
- Patellofemoral Syndrome/Knee Pain
- Illiotibial Band Syndrome
- Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome/Shin Splints
- Stress Fractures
- Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Femoral Acetabular Impingement/Hip Impingement
- Hamstring Tendonitis
- Back Pain
What to expect?
- Personalized evaluation
- Strength assessment
- Flexibility assessment
- Joint mobility assessment
- Biomechanical assessment
- Video analysis of running gait
- Individualized Treatment
- Manual therapy including joint and soft tissue mobilization
- Muscle strengthening exercises
- Flexibility exercises
- Gait/Biomechanical corrections
- Correct shoe type suggestions
How to get started?
Obtain a referral from your doctor for physical therapy.
Call us at 202-715-5655 to schedule an appointment for a running evaluation.