Complete List of Volunteer Positions
The GW Hospital Volunteers provide non-medical comfort and care to patients such as: making patient rounds, conducting rounds with the book cart, and assisting with pre and post discharge procedures. In addition, volunteers assist the staff with special projects.
Volunteer positions are available seven days a week between the hours of 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. Volunteers must provide a minimum of four hours of service each week, and can divide their shift into two hour shifts for two days or provide one four hour block or more.
Volunteers must commit to providing a minimum of 100 hours of service to be completed in six months to a year and can remain to provide additional hours of service. Many volunteers have enjoyed providing service for years!
Volunteers Positions include:
- Emergency Department
- Patient Liaison Surgical Reception/ PACU (Weekdays only from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.)
- Physical Therapy
- Cardiovascular Center
- General Medicine Unit
- Neurosurgery & Orthopaedic Unit
- Post Surgical Recovery Unit
- Oncology Unit
- Psychiatric Unit
- The Women's Center- Anti and Post Partum
- Chaplaincy Program (Must meet chaplaincy requirements- see Spiritual Care page)
- Information Desk/Customer Focus