Next Steps to Wellness
Cancer Survivorship Education
The Cancer Survivorship Education Program is FREE and open to individuals who have completed active cancer treatment for any cancer type, regardless of where they were treated. The class is facilitated by Liz Hatcher, RN and Lauren Woodard, LCSW. Light refreshments are provided.
Topics covered include:
- Managing the late and long term effects of cancer and cancer treatments
- Emotions, relationships and coping
- Healthy lifestyle choices, including nutrition and physical activity
- Practical issues, employment, insurance and financial concerns
- Goal setting: What's important to you now?
GWU Hospital— Room 6116
900 23rd Street, NW
Foggy Bottom/GWU Metro Station
This program is co-sponsored by: Susan G. Komen for the Cure, The George Washington University and The GW Cancer Institute.